Why, yes, it’s another 21 Day Fix Extreme recipe! I can’t get enough of the food on this program. It is so delicious, easy to make and a HIT with the family — which is, as we all know, the most important part, right? If kids and hubby are happy, then it makes our life easier. There is also a lot of turkey meat on this plan… why? Because it’s lean. I am a huge fan of turkey meat and I actually prefer turkey burgers to regular burgers now. And no, mine are NOT dry! Remember that tinfoil trick I told y’all about? I do that every time I make my burgers. But, ANYWAY, back to the balls… meatballs that is you pervs I’m feeling quite feisty for a Monday morning. Let’s get to the recipe!
21 Day Fix Extreme Turkey Meatballs
- 1.5lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray; set aside
3. Combine turkey, salt, mustard, paprika, egg, oats, garlic, parsley and tomato sauce in a large bowl; mix well by hand.
4. Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet. (I used a small cookie scooper — kinda looks like a mini ice cream scooper)
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
6. Serve with your favorite sides — I put mine on a bed of spaghetti squash and seasoned with red pepper flakes. I did NOT add tomato sauce because I did not have purple container allowance on this day, but you totally could add sauce.