Here’s the recipe I promised you yesterday. Oops!
I’ve made this recipe twice now and everyone loves it! It’s a fantastic appetizer, particularly if you are an avocado fan, and if you aren’t than I feel sorry for you.
Avocado Chimchurri Bruschetta
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, minced
- 1//4 cup chopped fresh parsley, minced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted (I’ve used both white and whole wheat baguette)
Combine the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, oregano, and black and red pepper in small bowl.
Whisk in the oil until thoroughly combined, then stir in the herbs.
Gently toss the avocado cubes into the sauce.
Spoon the avocado and sauce mixture onto toast slices.