I came up with this Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Soup recipe mainly because I couldn’t find a kobacha squash anywhere that the Skinnytaste recipe calls for. I figured that pumpkin is close enough to a squash and it’s delish so why the heck not? Live a little and change things up! Also, minimal ingredients + crock pot = EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY! 😉 The weather is cooling off and it’s a perfect fall dish! I hope you enjoy!!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & PUMPKIN SOUP
- 16 oz (1/2 small) butternut squash, halved, seeds removed
- 16 oz (1/2) small pumpkin, halved, seeds removed but not peeled
- 2 large shallot, quartered
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- pinch nutmeg
- Place the squash, shallots and broth in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours, until soft and cooked through, a knife should easily be inserted.
- Remove squash and pumpkin from skin and discard the peel.
- Stir in coconut milk and nutmeg. Blend in a blender or using an immersion blender. (I used my Ninja!)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper