This 21 Day Fix Extreme Turkey Chili is the bomb.com. It’s so good that my husband requested it again this week and I had to move my meal plan around. It is flavorful and the PERFECT warm meal for this freezing cold winter. I’m telling you, eating healthy does NOT mean you have to eat boring, bland foods. And you most definitely should not be going hungry. Let me know how you like this recipe!!
1/2 GREEN – 1 RED – 1/2 YELLOW — serves 6, 1 cup each
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs raw 93% lean, ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green (or red) bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans black or pinto (or both!) beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occassionally, for 5-8 mins, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add beans and tomatoes (w/ liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with cilatro.